Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Getting rid of the water heater.

Be nice to your trash truck drivers. I believe I could get mine to
knowingly take a corpse. I'm not kidding. They have taken cabinets, big
pieces of sheetrock, two water heaters, big stuff.

How am I nice to them? I take them cold bottled water or a Coke on a hot
day. My daughter's a PO, and she gets tablets of free BIG GULP coupons. I
give them a couple of them. I go out there when they come and help them
when there's a big load of stuff I want NOT to make a trip to the dump with.
Last Christmas, the driver was one of the regular guys, and I gave him a
twenty. The helper was new, and I figured fair was fair. Many times
through the year, they took stuff I thought I'd have to drive to the
transfer station.

Steve