Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Vey Vey is offline

Default Cable Modem RFI

TimPerry wrote:
"Vey" wrote in message
link.net...
"Something" is interfering with my cable modem and causing it to reboot.
All the wire to the telephone pole has been replaced. The modem has been
replaced. I had cable service here with no trouble. A month ago, 15
cable trucks descended upon my neighborhood, they said to "Clean things
up." After three weeks, they left and left me with an inop connection.

i had something similar happen recently. there is nothing to do but keep
reporting the problem.

Tim Perry, I think you are on the right track. I think if the "cable"
light goes out, there is nothing, on my end to do about it. I had a
technician out here today. I won't say much because I don't want to jinx
things, but he knew how to take the modem down from the PC end. I would
have never known how to do that, but there is, technically, a way it can
be done.

But other than that way, I don't know a way.

Constant complaining finally sent me a tech that knew a little
something. Whether he has acutauuly fixed it, will take a day or two,
and maybe three to know.

I will post the results.