Posted to sci.electronics.repair
christie punter christie punter is offline

Default DVD Burner issue

Hi All,

I have a Dell Dimentia 4700 with an onboard dvd/cd burner. I have yet
to burn a dvd, but do use it fer cd's.

I am using it to rip cd for mp3 use and about 3 days ago it had an odd
sound to it, like fan was wacked. Today I took compressor blew out
whole computer, the machine is now much much quieter.

About the same time I noticed it was reading slow for ripping
purposes. I noticed , But am not teckie enough to understand why ,
but it must have been spinning the drive a lot when not in use Two
diff anto virus programs say no to virii, adaware and another find
the usual assortment of crap and delete the stuff.

SO I am wondering is the drive about to croak, or is in need of a
drive belt, or lube job on the motor or rails?

I believe it is a panasonic drive.

I have fixed many vcr's and a belt job shouldn't be too devastating to
do. Harder to get the belt then fix it ,(usually).

any help appreciated

respond here or to

christiepontello:at:yahoo.com

please put in subject line that this isbout the dvd drive ripping.

thanks

chris

-------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------
---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---