Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default How to protect a wood trailer floor

Thanks, looks like something that would work. I'll check it out.
Bob-tx
"deke" wrote in message
news On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 05:50:49 -0600, "Bob"
wrote:

I have a trailer I bought new a couple years ago. It has 2 X 6 floor
boards. I want to protect these so they will last as long as possible.

Last year I used Thompson's Water sealer (Since then I have been told this
is about the poorest brand but got no suggestions on the best brand). The
wood soaked up the sealer pretty fast. I ended up putting four coats on
over the course of a week. This year, the wood looks as dry as before.

The trailer sits outside all the time. The two paint stores I asked for
suggestions just suggested water sealant, which didn't do much for me.

Is there some product such as an oil, wax, or whatever that would be good
in
this application?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Bob-tx

NEVER PUT OIL ON ANY FLOORING. Makes it slick and almost
unusable.

http://www.armorthane.com/HTML/armordeck.htm

I'd get something like that and follow the instructions of the
product.