Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default Using piano wire to cut chocolate

Perhaps a chainsaw. WTF?

--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one
controlling YOUR car.
Check out:
www.lightsout.org

"Goedjn" wrote in message
On 2 Apr 2007 15:15:06 -0700, wrote:

On Apr 2, 4:05 pm, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:
Cutting this bar is never fun. I've thought about making achocolate
cutterout of a piano wire or maybe a guitar string - sort of like the
bigcheesecutters they use at thecheesestore that I frequent. If I
could heat the wire, it would make the job much easier. Is there a
safe way to electrically heat such a wire sufficiently to cut
chocolate? What sort of low-voltage circuit could I use for this? Or
is this idea completely off the wall?

Don't make this into a project, unless you are bored. Simply heat a
knife
over your stove and then slice the bar.

Tried that. The chocolate is about 2" thick. The knife appears to
give up virtually all of its heat after about 1/8".

Cleaver. Hatchet. 8 Pound mallet.