Posted to alt.home.repair
GROVER GROVER is offline

Default Home Depot as Installers - question

On Apr 2, 4:41 pm, "Kenny" wrote:
I think I might answer my own question here,
and I'm aware this is a DIY newsgroup - but,
what's the general consensus on using HD as
installers ? (for say, roofing, fencing, siding,
things of that nature).

If they're subbing out the work to low bid
local contractors, is HD standing behind the
work those subs do ? (ie. with some kind of
warranty ?)

For that matter what about Lowes, Sears, etc?

Anyone have personal experience with using
them for that kind of work ?

Kenny,
A few years ago I was doing some handyman work in Houston. I got a
call from a lady who had HD hang some wall mounted melamine cabinets
in her laundry area. When I got to her home the cabinets had fallen
off the wall bending the top loading door of he clothes washer and
landing up with a corner piercing the sheet rock on the opposite
wall.
The installers from HD screwed the cabinet backs into the sheetrock
only and never bothered to locate the studs. They caused more
consequential damages than the cabinets were worth.
Joe G