Nick Hull

Default Freon bottle air tank? (fire extinguisher accident images) (correction on link)

In article ,
(Mustmaker) wrote:

I converted a disposable Freon tank, don't remember if it was 12 or 22, and
after 10 years of use as a tire filler and whatever tank, I cut it open to
examine the inside. Found a dusting of surface rust only and no pitting.
However I now use a propane tank as my portable air tank, heavier and safer.
Risk management.

I also prefer propane tanks most of the time, but also use Freon tanks
because I use a LOT of air tanks. Freon is much lighter and easier to
handle, and I NEVER go over 125# and seldom over 100#.

Another handy light weight tank are the disposable helium tanks, about
the size of a BBQ propane tank but much lighter. A drop of superglue
fixes the built-in check valve. There is very little danger of them
exploding EXCEPT when you are filling them, take precautions. If they
rust they will develop pinholes and not keep a charge.

--
free men own guns - slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/