Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default OT Ground source heat pumps

HI Cupra

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 14:24:26 +0100, " cupra"
wrote:

Anyone here had any experience of these? (installation/costs and so on....)

We're in the process of having one installed - with 600m of collector
pipework in three trenches.

Out here in Ireland the estimate for the work was in the region of
12000 euro - quite a lot of which is for the 'groundwork'. Good news
is that out here there's a government grant for 4000 euro.

The heat pump itself is rated at 2kw - and is reckoned to return 2-3
kw of heat for every kw of electricity. The system we're having has
two pumps, one for whole-house heating and the other for when you only
want domestic hot water...

If you need any more info then please ask

Regards
Adrian