Posted to alt.home.repair
Deke Deke is offline

Default Hold my hand, my dryer squeaks

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 19:11:00 -0400, trader-of-some-jacks
wrote:

Okay, this stuff is described all over the web and all over usenet, but
few are as in need of hand-holding as I am, so I'd appreciate having it
spelled out for me.

My Maytag dryer (pretty plain vanilla, 1989 vintage) started developing
some fairly loud if intermittant squeaks. First time it happened was
maybe three weeks ago, but it stopped after a few minutes, and then went
three weeks (probably 20 loads in our house) with no noise. Then it
resumed yesterday, and stopped again.

Everything I've read has said "it's the rollers" and "don't be a fool,
they're easy to replace by yourself."

So I'm looking for a way for me to confirm exactly where the noise is
coming from, then a useful tutorial, illustrated, in how to access and
replace the rollers or whatever it is that is causing the noise.

My dryer doesn't have rollers. It has felt pads the drum rests on.
I'd think a very small amount of silicone spray on the drum where the
pads are would work for me. For you guys with rollers, I suggest you
find a lubriplate or silicone grease that has staying power.