Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dip tube question (replumbed, but how to drain the tank?)

On Apr 3, 4:29�am, mm wrote:
On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 16:32:44 GMT, "Marilyn & Bob"

wrote:

Reading this discussion, I am wondering what the need for the dip tube is in
the first place. *Why not have the cold water inlet at the bottom of the WH?

Maybe they like both pipes being at the top, near the ceiling. *

I didn't know dip tubes failed, so maybe they should reconsider.

Perhaps an inch or two above the bottom so it could flush any sediment. *The
drain could be set 90º or so away from the inlet. *There probably would have
to be a backflow preventer before the inlet, but I don't *think* that would
be a big deal.
--
Peace,
BobJ- Hide quoted text -

dip tubes today rarely fail, after some bad times years ago when they
first went to plastic dip tubes, previously they were copper.

plus the swirl shape of most dip tubes helps keep the bottom of the
tank clean