Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to protect a wood trailer floor

On Apr 3, 8:08�am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Bob wrote:
I have a trailer I bought new a couple years ago. *It has 2 X 6 floor
boards. *I want to protect these so they will last as long as
possible.

Last year I used Thompson's Water sealer (Since then I have been told
this is about the poorest brand but got no suggestions on the best
brand). * The wood soaked up the sealer pretty fast. *I ended up
putting four coats on over the course of a week. * This year, the
wood looks as dry as before.

The trailer sits outside all the time. *The two paint stores I asked
for suggestions just suggested water sealant, which didn't do much
for me.

Is there some product such as an oil, wax, or whatever that would be
good in this application?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

A tarp OVER the trailer would be a big help...- Hide quoted text -

thompsons works great, recoat every couple years for best protection
and dont forget to coat the underside.

I echo the tarp, rain AND SUN attack wood, tarp will protect from
both, leave space so airflow occurs otherwise wood will saturate.