Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default Grizzly $99 scroll chuck?

"Lynn Coffelt" wrote in message

The Grizzly still has it's appeal, dispite words of wisdom offered
here
by some of the best in the business.
Was PT Barnham correct? A fool born every minute?
I'll bring you up to date in a few weeks, after I launch or sling a
bowl or two, just to get the hang of it. Thanks again!
Old Chief Lynn (retired USAF Chief Master Sgt)

Could work out. the same "wise men" have told me on more than one occasion
that my slick-jawed Novas were no good, and my method of using them even
worse.

Hasn't stopped me from using them, but I get all the support I can. In
turning it's from the tailstock, and, as always, good procedure. Remember,
always snug the chuck prior to adjusting or removing the other support, no
matter what that is. Keep you speed as low as your level of impatience will
allow rather than as high as the equipment will allow and you'll do much
better. I worked for our mutual uncle as well, and decisions made at 500
feet and 300 knots were made to a different standard than those devised by
second-guessing SOBs at groundspeed zero looking at the film next day....