Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] write2zulu@gmail.com is offline

Default brick wall for pond

On Apr 3, 6:06 pm, "scott" wrote:
Hi,

Im thinking of building a pond. I am going to build a brick wall in a
sort of shape like this looking down from above (well not quite that
shape but u get the idea.).

|------------|
| |
\ |
\ |
\---------
The wall we be about 3 feet high from the ground and then I will put
decking around at I expect about 12 inches from the ground. So I will
see 2ft of the wall above the decking. Then fill inside the walled
hole with 1ft of soil, then lay a rigid pond on top of the soil and
back fill it all in.

Does this sound reasonable to you?

Will a wall one brick thick be enough support for all the soil and the
pond.

Ive heard of retaining walls - ones that sort of click together - like
lego:-) Would this be stronger?

Im still reading up on depths of footings etc as the idea is at its
very early stages.

Also any gotcha's I need to think about.

Im a novice at brick wall and pond building although not too bad at
indoor DIY jobs. The house is all complete now though so I need a new
challenge.

TIA,
Scott

hi u got 1$ click it
hi u got 1$ just click this any website and its ads twice and it will
be emailed to u
http://www.clickeasyjobs.com/earnmoney