Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Alternative to TLC

In article ,
Stuart B wrote:
I wanted to order a 3.75m length of electrical steel conduit from TLC
but it is an "oversized" item so cannot be delivered but as I wanted
it shorter ( two same size halves) I e-mailed them to ask if they
could cut it in half and send it .

I got no response so I phoned them . I was told they used to do that
but had complaints from customers that they had cut it to the wrong
length ( ???) so they stopped doing it,they had couriers losing
parcels,they would need to send it to a branch to get it cut ( ??).

I know it sounds a simple request from my POV ..one guy,two minutes
with a hacksaw and Bob's your Uncle,parcel it up and off you go .but
Hey Ho . Just sounded like I was being told an alternative version to
" We cannot be arsed doing what you requested"

Anyone know any other on-line supplier of steel conduit..it needs to
be threaded at one end with a connector .It's to hold up a roll of
photographic background paper . I did think of Metalsupermarkets as
there is an outlet local to me ( Glasgow) but I'm not sure that what
they sell will be threaded .

I sort of assumed you lived on a farmhouse on the top of some mountain -
not Glasgow. Any electrical wholesaler will have what you want and it all
comes threaded both ends with one coupler. You could probably carry it
home on the bus outside rush hour if transport is a problem.

--
*How's my driving? Call 999*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.