Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Downie Tim Downie is offline

Default Hot Water Boiler Screaming/ Buzzing Noise

wrote:
Hi all,

I have a problem with my Hot Water Boiler, it makes a high pitch
screaming/ buzzing sound. I believe everything is fine as we get our
hot water for shower/ bath and for heating, but it just makes a high
pitch screaming/ buzzing sound occassionally.

I found that switching it off and then on again (after a few minutes'
wait) sometimes stops the sceaming/ buzzing noise. (But not this
evening).

Does anyone know the reason for the noise, and how to fix it?

At a guess, kettling. Caused by the water reaching near boiling point in
the boiler. May be aggravated by low system pressure or low pump speed (or
a symptom of a failing pump).

If you have a sealed system check the pressure.

Tim