Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Rat and Mice Posion Recommendations

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 21:21:58 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

mm wrote:
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 08:11:22 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Second, cat poop (unlike dog
droppings) IS a useful fertilizer.

Why is there a difference? Why isn't dog poop good as fertilizer?

http://www.extension.umn.edu/project...e-dog-cat.html

Thanks.

Good to know.

I tend to a friend's golden retriever for 2 or 3 weeks every year, and
after I fixed my fence several years ago, I stopped walking her and
just let her use my little townhouse end-of-group yard.

I avoid the deposits for weeks or months, until the rain or snow makes
them disappear, and there are no pregnant women here or kids, so I
guess I'm pretty safe, but based on this webpage, I'll continue
avoiding the stuff not just for aesthetics but for health.

'Course the author is an alarmist regarding cat deposits...

The other choice is to go outside my yard and then apparently I'm
supposed to pick up after her. If she were only a smaller dog, maybe.
But I don't know how to make her smaller.

BTW, she doesn't obey me as much as she used to, and I gather it might
be because I don't walk her or exercise dominion over her. But the
convenience, esp. in the winter, of just opening the door and letting
her go out, is worth it. I wish she would spend more time outside,
enjoying herself, but she usually is ready to come back in as soon as
she is done. This time I'll walk her more because she's too dumb to
get exercise on her own. The yard is small but it would be big enough
for her to run around in. Although when I walk her she finds terrible
things to eat.