Dave Plowman

Default FM Aerial installation Q's

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
As a general comment, DAs for FM use are rarely satisfactory.

Have you any reasoning for that assertion Dave?..

Most good receivers approach the maximum theoretical sensitivity, so
adding untuned gain before them will do no good. Passive splitting works
just as well. You might get a VHF distribution system to work tolerably
well for clock radios on local reception, but that's about all.

Of course I could be wrong, but I've yet to actually witness for myself
one that does work as well as without.

--
*Few women admit their age; fewer men act it.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn