Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lynn Coffelt Lynn Coffelt is offline

Default Grizzly $99 scroll chuck?

Thanks to all the great advice. There were lots of good points to be
considered. The one mentioned that is (or was) tempting is the Barracuda2
offer from Penn State. The only thing that squelched that combo deal (with
several sets of jaws) is that my lathe's spindle is threaded 1 x 12. (I
know, you've probably already guessed Grizzly) The Barracuda2 doesn't seem
to be offered with that thread or adapter. Probably could make an adapter,
but it would be an "extension" type, and likely induce too much "runout".
The Grizzly still has it's appeal, dispite words of wisdom offered here
by some of the best in the business.
Was PT Barnham correct? A fool born every minute?
I'll bring you up to date in a few weeks, after I launch or sling a
bowl or two, just to get the hang of it. Thanks again!
Old Chief Lynn (retired USAF Chief Master Sgt)