Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default The REAL Cause of Glpbal Warming

Iarnrod wrote:
On Apr 1, 12:27 pm, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Iarnrodwrote:
On Mar 31, 11:06 pm, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Iarnrodwrote:
In other words - in true radical Left fashion - you
are defending evil. What a shock.
I did nothing of the sort. I and all Democrats I know abhor evil.
You abhor *some* evil, but not all. Most Dems I know - almost without
exception, actually - happily support the confiscation of other people's
life's work (aka "their money") in the name of what they claim to be the
"common good". You hide behind code phrases like "helping the children",
"caring for the poor" and so forth, but at the end of the day, you are
quite happy to use your government to threaten or actually use force to
extract the hours of my life expressed in my wallet in support of your
pet causes whether or not I agree with you. This is flatly evil.
Oh Gawd, another "taxes are evil" freeloader.

As always, when confronted with their support for evil actions, you
and your ilk resort to ... well ... nothing really.

I don't support evil actions and I don't have an "ilk."

I you support the use of government force to make other people
pay for things not prescribed by our founding documents and political
theory, you support evil actions.

SNIP

You are no different than a common street mugger.

Only in your freeloading, want-something-for-nothing mind

Actually, you're worse -
the do their own dirty work. You whip up the mob and hire the
government to do yours for you...

The people are the government.

And hence they form the mob to make the minority do what they want.
You prove my point. If "the people" decided to reinstitute slavery,
by your reasoning, it would be OK. There have to be limits to what
the people get to demand government do or you get the moral abyss into
which we are currently sliding.

P.S. One is not a "freeloader" for demanding that they not be
robbed to make someone else's socio-political fantasies
come true.

No. One is a freeloader for wanting to get out of paying for the
things of common good and use, yet still use them.

Like what? I do not want to support loafers, people who cannot control
themselves sexually, people who cannot control their substance consumption,
people who refuse to prepare themselves financially for retirement, people
who prefer to remain ignorant, etc. In particular, I do not wish to
be *forced* to support them. I believe deeply in personal charity, but
I want to make those choices personally, not at the point of the gun you
manage to get the government to point at my head to support the causes
*you* want supported. I also do not believe that the government's job
is to care for *me* - that's my job. Hence I do *not* want to have to
belly up to the government's handout line to be given back scraps of what
I have been forced to contribute. I want to keep what's mine, let you
keep what's yours, which is how decent and civil people behave.

I have no opinion about how you spend your own
money, I just want you and people like you out of *my* wallet. There is nothing
"freeloading" about this. I want you to have good manners when it comes
to my property. You don't want to behave civilly but you think your self-appointed
"better" worldview justfies hiring the government hitman to do your bidding.
It is evil, you cannot escape it.

Do it the old fashioned
Republican way then... borrow and pass on a five trillion dollar debt to
your great-grandchildren; they're not around yet to object.

That's right, the Republicans are foul for spending money that did not
exist. Then again, what are the chances they could have done the
right thing and gutted the social entitlements portion of the
US Federal budget (50+% of that budget, I might add)? So long
as thugs like you and yours occupied essentially half the legislative
branch, they had *no* chance of doing so.

Were you asleep for the last 12 years?

No, and that is not a response to the point (what a shock). The Ds have
cranked up the social entitlements for years. These entitlements dwarf
military spending and even the servicing of the federal debt. If you
don't believe me, do your own homework - you may learn something. Now
even the Rs have joined the party in a large way making a bad problem
worse. Social entitlements are not sustainable at the projected pace
of spending. It is a looming disaster of immense proportions. Even
the head of the GAO under a Republican administration is currently touring
the country trying to wake people like you up. We *cannot* continue the
social spending binge we are on in the face of today's demographics shift.
We *will* go broke doing so. You think the debt is bad now, wait until the
peak of the boomers starts tapping the social security and medicare system
in amounts that will far, far exceed anything they remotely contributed.
Their children and grandchildren will not be able to earn enough fast enough
to keep up. You and the rest of the drooling social spenders are guaranteeing
this nation will become indebted an order of magnitude worse than anything
we've ever seen. What's you answer? We need to keep right on spending away,
ignoring reality, and punishing the one and only group of Americans who have
a hope of getting us out of this mess - the wealthy.

But your point is taken.
Not only did they accomplish nothing, worse than that, they cut taxes
while stealing yet more money from people who actually work for
a living to give drug benefits to people who couldn't be bothered
to save for their own retirement the last 50 years. So, if you
think I'm going to defend the Republicans, think again. The whole
bunch of you are morally disgusting...

I'm not.

Your defense of government-supported robbery is immoral. You cannot make the
case it is not. This government was founded on the idea of *personal* responsibility.
The Federal government was severely restricted in scope to defend the borders and
maintain the union, very little more .. well, and run the Post Office. By expanding
its scope to be everyone's Mommy you and yours are guaranteeing national disaster.
You may think your social conscience as high minded - and it would be if it were private
and funded by volunteers you convinced to act in charitable ways. But it is not
high minded to *make* people do what you want. It is force nothing more.