Posted to rec.woodworking
Arvid Sorsdahl Arvid Sorsdahl is offline

Default Replacing fluorescent fixtures

I'm building my retirement home at the lake and doing everything myself. My
wife wanted a sunshine ceiling in her kitchen and I talked her out of that
and went with pot lights, 4 in her kitchen that can be directed or set so
they shine on what you want to see. I too was a fire fighter now retired and
never liked pot lights before(been to too many fires caused by them but now
days with the florescent bulbs there is hardly any heat generated and I
think they give more light per watt than the 4 footers. Leaves a nice smooth
ceiling as well.
"Charles Struble" wrote in message
OK, I am no longer gonna buy those 7 or 8 dollar fixtures from the big box
stores. I have some fixtures I bought 25 years ago and they are still
fine. These cheepos work for the life of the bulb and that's it. So, I am
looking for some reasonably priced shop type fixtures. 48" works good for
me. Not the fancy ones.
I know: google. That's good for about a bazillion hits or so. Just
thought if someone knows a good place to buy them I would appreciate the
help.
It's getting darker in my shop...
--
Strube
Professional Firefighter, amateur everything else I try to do...