Posted to alt.home.repair
SMcK SMcK is offline

Default Fixing Severed House Ground Wire

On Apr 2, 10:45 pm, wrote:

Why replace the rods? If they are 30 years old or more, I could see
that, but the OP did not state the age of them. They might only be a
few years old. If they are copper clad, they last a very long time.

I don't know how old the originals are. The house is 57 years old but
there is an addition that's far newer and the ground and power go to
the addition, so it's likely that new ground rods were installed the
same time they changed the electrical service.

Thanks for all the replies folks. This has been helpful. I'll
probably call around for quotes on running a new groundwire. Anyone
care to predict what kind of prices we're looking at?

Thanks again,
-Scott