Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Using piano wire to cut chocolate

On 2 Apr 2007 15:16:26 -0700, wrote:

On Apr 2, 4:48 pm, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 17:05:23 -0400, "Charles Schuler"

wrote:

Cutting this bar is never fun. I've thought about making achocolate
cutterout of a piano wire or maybe a guitar string - sort of like the
bigcheesecutters they use at thecheesestore that I frequent. If I
could heat the wire, it would make the job much easier. Is there a
safe way to electrically heat such a wire sufficiently to cut
chocolate? What sort of low-voltage circuit could I use for this? Or
is this idea completely off the wall?

Don't make this into a project, unless you are bored. Simply heat a knife
over your stove and then slice the bar.

I say chill it, break it and give the small pieces to the kids.

Too thick. It breaks into big chunks. Too big to eat.

Yep, just nibble a bit. Will it melt in your office desk drawer? If
so, nibble more often.

--
Oren