Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default Remote on 2HP Harbor Freight Dust Collector?

You are on borrowed time; it will go eventually.
Which is fine, if they are not too expensive; just regard them as
consumables.

"Woodhead" wrote in message
Check out the X10 controller. It might be cheaper and more flexible.

I use mine for the DC, compressor, and various overhead lights.

The AM466 module is rated 15A 1/3 HP, but I have them
controlling a Jet DC1100C and a Sears 1/2 HP compressor.
No problems for a year. I keep wireless remotes at the
table saw and workbench by the shop door.

Jim

http://www.x10.com/automation/am466_s.html

"trs80" wrote in message
Would the 110V Shop Fox or the PSI Long Ranger remote work with the
Harbor Freight 100VAC Dust Collector? Each remote states 1.5hp and the
Long Ranger states 20amp peak.
Any experience using one of these (or another) with the Harbor Freight
DC?

HF published specs are below.
Motor: 2 HP, 110V, 14 amps, single phase
Peak Current: 20amp
RPM = 3450
Air flow: 1600 CFM

These specs are often overstated and at least the PSI unit matches the
20amp surge. I was wondering if anyone had hooked one up with no
problems.

thanks!