Posted to rec.woodworking
Chuck Chuck is offline

Default Remote on 2HP Harbor Freight Dust Collector?

Been using a Long Ranger on my HF DC for more than three years. Seems
to work fine.

trs80 wrote:
Would the 110V Shop Fox or the PSI Long Ranger remote work with the Harbor
Freight 100VAC Dust Collector? Each remote states 1.5hp and the Long Ranger
states 20amp peak.
Any experience using one of these (or another) with the Harbor Freight DC?

HF published specs are below.
Motor: 2 HP, 110V, 14 amps, single phase
Peak Current: 20amp
RPM = 3450
Air flow: 1600 CFM

These specs are often overstated and at least the PSI unit matches the 20amp
surge. I was wondering if anyone had hooked one up with no problems.

thanks!