Posted to alt.home.repair
mrbubl mrbubl is offline

Default Home Depot as Installers - question

Kenny wrote:
I think I might answer my own question here,
and I'm aware this is a DIY newsgroup - but,
what's the general consensus on using HD as
installers ? (for say, roofing, fencing, siding,
things of that nature).

If they're subbing out the work to low bid
local contractors, is HD standing behind the
work those subs do ? (ie. with some kind of
warranty ?)

For that matter what about Lowes, Sears, etc?

Anyone have personal experience with using
them for that kind of work ?

Run away, run away, had them install one window in the kitchen and they
no showed three times, called the store, "real sorry". No showed on the
fourth time and then we insisted someone come and do the work, they
showed up at 7 pm. Sent Nardelli an email and no reply but finally a
"quality manager" called us.

NEVER AGAIN!!