Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default How not to install a ceiling fan.

On 2 Apr 2007 12:52:14 -0700, "
wrote:

On Apr 2, 11:52 am, "Terry" wrote:
I just put a ceiling fan in my sister's house in her son's bedroom.

Oh, I thought this would be a story like my co-worker's about 10 years
ago. Hung a new ceiling fan in the family room. Comes home from work
the next day, jerks on the chain to start the fan, whole thing comes
down on the glass-top coffee table - crash, bang, boom.

That's how NOT to install a ceiling fan.

Jerry

I replaced a fan recently (not mine). The metal box had been removed
from the ceiling. The fan support was then screwed into the fan
support stud. I replaced the box and used the material provided with
the fan.

A box was removed the master ceiling, also. wires were taped and
pushed beyond the drywall. A large eye-bolt was in the fan support
stud. The only thing I could guess was that the eye-bolt was for one
of those sex swings... thingies.. Got me!

--
Oren