Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to get Black & Decker Parts

Call a machine shop. Or a machine repair shop. That's the kind of
thing machine shops tend to have. Or can get. Failing that, maybe
they can machine something to shape.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
: Does anyone know where to buy Black & Decker parts outside of
: blackanddecker.com.
:
: I have one of their well built older grinders. The motor
itself still
: works fine but the bearing right below the grinder wheel is
shot.
: This is an easy fix, but B&D no longer carrys parts. Just
because the
: main offices dont carry the parts dont mean no one has them.
Anyone
: know of another distributor for B&D parts. I'm sure someone
has one
: on a shelf, in fact I dont doubt that the bearing from one of
their
: newer grinders would fit. It's just a simple ball bearing, but
: finding the right size is the problem.
:
: Anyone?????
:
: Thanks