Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What happens if your generator is too small?

On Apr 2, 2:25�pm, "Toller" wrote:
Lets say I have a Yamaha EF1000 that can put out 9a max. *(Which I don't)
And lets say my refrigerator draws 13a to start, and 1.5a to run. *(Which it
does)
What will happen if I try to start the fridge off the genny?

I am guessing the generator will simply stall, with no harm to either. *Is
that right?

Now for the really foolish question... *Any way to start the fridge off the
undersized generator?

stall or trip breaker, in a very marginal operation it might harm the
fridge by continious running undervolt.

wh not get a bigger generator or apartment sized fridge or inverther
and run fridge off your vehicles battery with car running.