Posted to alt.home.repair
Dimitrios Paskoudniakis Dimitrios Paskoudniakis is offline

Default Dumb Window Screen Question

Good idea.

I discovered that 3 of my screens on the first floor have the pull tabs on
the bottom, and I need to install 4 on the second floor. My first action
will be to move the 3 with pull tabs to the second floor, then I only need
to add tabs to 1 window. I can then reinstall the other screens on the
first floor from the outside if needed. Thanks.

"Bennett Price" wrote in message
t...
Perhaps just add 'tabs' to the bottom so you can pull hard. Small holes
drilled through the frame (left and right) + some wire or rope with a knot
on the exterior surface.

Dimitrios Paskoudniakis wrote:
Just bought a 10 yr old house last year. We removed the window screens
to clean them, and now I can't seem to reinstall the taller ones
upstairs. The tallest screens are all the same height, and I can install
the ones on the lower level, but they all seem about 1/8 inch too tall on
the upper level and won't reinstall. I slide the top under the window
frame, but then can't get the bottom above the bottom of the frame. If I
put in the bottom first, I can't get the top in. Even if I get on an
extension ladder outside, I can't get them in.

What am I doing wrong?