Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Where to get Black & Decker Parts

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 00:50:44 -0500, wrote:

Does anyone know where to buy Black & Decker parts outside of
blackanddecker.com.

I have one of their well built older grinders. The motor itself still
works fine but the bearing right below the grinder wheel is shot.
This is an easy fix, but B&D no longer carrys parts. Just because the
main offices dont carry the parts dont mean no one has them. Anyone

Maybe just call a local b7d store that does repairs. One would think
the central computer knows about all the parts in other stores, but
the parts or repair guy there can give you an idea if that is true or
not. Maybe they were never told to return parts or didn't do so.
Maybe ask for the oldest parts place in the area.

Or an old one anywhere. The oldest B&D store in Baltimore has closed
and one of the others moved 5 years ago, so I don't know an old
location around here.

know of another distributor for B&D parts. I'm sure someone has one
on a shelf, in fact I dont doubt that the bearing from one of their
newer grinders would fit. It's just a simple ball bearing, but
finding the right size is the problem.

Anyone?????

Thanks

Ron