Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to get Black & Decker Parts

On Apr 2, 7:27�am, "DanG" wrote:
If it is a "normal" ball bearing, get the numbers off the bearing.
Contact a local bearing supply house for availability. *Many
bearings are $5 from a bearing house and the same bearing might be
$40 from OEM.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

wrote in message

Does anyone know where to buy Black & Decker parts outside of
blackanddecker.com.

I have one of their well built older grinders. *The motor itself
still
works fine but the bearing right below the grinder wheel is
shot.
This is an easy fix, but B&D no longer carrys parts. *Just
because the
main offices dont carry the parts dont mean no one has them.
Anyone
know of another distributor for B&D parts. *I'm sure someone has
one
on a shelf, in fact I dont doubt that the bearing from one of
their
newer grinders would fit. *It's just a simple ball bearing, but
finding the right size is the problem.

Anyone?????

Thanks

Ron- Hide quoted text -

probably a sleeve bearing like oilite brassy color. either way remove
take to local bearing supplier.

fridy i picked up 4 bearings for 26 bucks total. manufacturer wanted
280 bucks For the exact same bearings!