Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default What to consider with artificial stone

After 22 years in a T1-11 sided house I'm tired of staining every 5 to 7
years - not to mention that I'm pushing the 60th birthday mark. I was
looking at the artificial stone displays at the home show and liked the
stacked stone look. I thought I'd post a couple of questions for the
combined inowledge and wisdom of this NG before I start shopping.

1. Is it worth wrapping the house in Tyvek before the stone is laid?

2. Is there sufficient R-value in the thin foamboard such as used under
vinyl siding to warrant use under the stone?

3. What the heck am I forgetting that I should know to ask the suppliers/
tradesmen?

Heck, kick in any of your experiences, good or bad, with this sort of
project.
TIA,
Chuck