Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Fields Mark Fields is offline

Default post light photocell

What direction does it face? For northern hemisphere the photocell should
face north. If facing south, east or west it will not work properly.

Mark

"Eric"
wrote in message
. ..
Hi,
I've got an outside light that has a small 1/4-1/2 inch dia. (whatever is
std) photocell sticking through a hole on the side of the post to control
the light (on at dusk off at dawn). Trouble is its instant on/off so in
certain light/weather conditions it flickers for 5-10 minutes or so. Where
can i buy a replacement that has a built in on-delay of at least 10
minutes
and preferably a half hour? (I dont care about off-delay one way or the
other, just the on-delay)
Thanks
Eric