Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Dumb Window Screen Question

Have you double checked the design of the ones on the lower floor that you
were successful with. Maybe they are slightly different and belong on the
top floor.

"Dimitrios Paskoudniakis" wrote in message

"Jim Tiberio" wrote in message

"Dimitrios Paskoudniakis" wrote in message
Just bought a 10 yr old house last year. We removed the window screens
to clean them, and now I can't seem to reinstall the taller ones
upstairs. The tallest screens are all the same height, and I can install
the ones on the lower level, but they all seem about 1/8 inch too tall
on the upper level and won't reinstall. I slide the top under the
window frame, but then can't get the bottom above the bottom of the
frame. If I put in the bottom first, I can't get the top in. Even if I
get on an extension ladder outside, I can't get them in.

What am I doing wrong?

Just keep playing with them from side to side or flip it around front to
back I suppose, you just aren't catching the groove up top.

Oh please. Of course I'm catching the groove up top. If I flip front to
back, the tabs that hold the screen in will be on the outside. We're
talking about maybe 1/8 of an inch in height.

There is a support about halfway up the screen. I find if I push it
outward, while pulling the bottom inward, I can get the bottom to fit, but
my fingers are pinched and if I let go, the screen just pops out and falls
to the ground. Tomorrow I'll try that approach by getting on the ladder
from the outside.

Surely there must be an easier approach.