Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Rat and Mice Posion Recommendations

"Lawrence" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 1, 9:50 am, "Mike" wrote:
Hi, mice or rats have burrowed under the front porch concrete steps.
What can I do to get rid of them? Any recommendations for poison?

Thanks

Any available rat poison will do the job. The stuff I buy comes in
little packets so you don't have to handle the poison. Dont put it
right in the middle of their tunnel since it might spook them. Rather
dig a small hole off to the side with a trowel. Insert poison.

Poison is just plain mean. I only poison when there is damage to a
building or if they get in the house. I don't like to use it but I do
since it is the most effectve method.

What type of problem are they causing? Have you seen any in the
house? If they are not in the house and are not causing an actual
problem then you should consider leaving them alone. After all, you
can't poison every mouse in the county and when these are dead others
will move in soon enough.

Somehow they are getting into the house and nesting in the ceiling.
I warm weather they stay outside.