Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Repairing a vinyl post that has popped off?

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 22:08:47 GMT, "Myheidi" u32996@uwe wrote:

My chunky bulldog

Isn't that a flavor of icecream?

managed to bust through our new vinyl fence and popped one
of the posts off. We attempted to glue the post back in place however it
keeps falling off. I am unsure if i'm using the correct adhesive? or if
there is a correct way to repair the fence. Any suggestions or help would be
fantastic!

Haven't been up close to a vinyl fence so I don't know who big the gap
is in these fences.

PC-70 fills spaces well, and sticks to almost anything. Havent tried
vinyl, but rough it up with sand paper or a surform, and make the
area of the vinyl that the epoxy is attached to as big as you can.
Like the size of two postage stamps at least.

Keep anyone from touching it for 24 hours.

Lately, I've only seen pc-70 in small containers, 2 oz?, but I buy it
in 2 four-oz. cans. If you never let anything that has touched one
material touch the other can, it will keep for years and years. A
little can go a long way, although you might need quite a bit here, I
don't know.

You can slobber on your fingers and use them to smooth out the glue,
but if it is all out of sight, that wouldn't matter here.

Thanks Heidi