Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
CW CW is offline

Default Spiral Forstner bits

Those aren't Forstner bits, they are large brad point.

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
. com...
George Saridakis wrote:
Hi Gerald,

Individual carbide bits are sold - Freud makes some as does the

Woodworking
Supply Co in Wyoming. I have been using Freud bits for years now.

George

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
om...
Has anyone used the spiral forstner bits? I drill a 1 1/8 hole in my

bowl
blanks and use the small chuck to rough out the outside (with the
tailstock support). I drill about a 1 1/2 deep hole and the forstner

bits
have to be pulled back several times to clear the chips. If I could buy
just one I would try it, but have only seen them in sets of 7 bits and

so
far haven't justified that much just to try something different.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

An authority is anyone who guessed
right more than once.

I found Freud carbide forstner bits, but no spiral type. The ones I am
talking about
are these:

http://www.amazon.com/Carbide-tipped...den/dp/B000K9Y
RUK