Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Building and installing passive solar heating panels

Morris Dovey wrote:
| Andy wrote:
||| I've also attempted to catagorize passive air-heating solar panels
||| by configuration atwww.iedu.com/DeSoto/SC_Types.html- which might
||| be a good starting point for anyone interested in designing their
||| own panels.
|| Thanks very much for sharing your experiences and info! I think
|| it's a fantastic idea, and it's only a matter of time before
|| non-petroleum based energy becomes a necessity. One question - if
|| a potential customer doesn't happen to be located near Wisconsin,
|| do you ship the panels, or sell detailed instructions, or have some
|| other method of distributing your product more widely?
|
| Andy - check my sig. I'm in Iowa - and yes, I can put the panels on
| a truck for shipment (BTW, I can fit 180 of the 4'x6' panels in a
| 40' cargo container.)
|
| I've also given serious thought to finding partners around the world
| who can produce for local markets. The most recent prospect is
| located in the Ukraine.
|
|| I was also wondering... if you turn one of those panels upside down
|| in the summer, will it blow cool air? g
|
| Smartass. You didn't check my web site, did you? Follow the link
| below to see a teaser for a (maybe) solar-powered air conditioner.
| vbg

Morris scratches his head, then rubs his chin...

Hmm. You did get me thinking, tho. Seems as if it should be possible
to rig a solar panel used for heating in the winter so that it might
also be used to run the double-Stirling air conditioner in the summer.

...and stumbles off into the darkness mumbling to himself

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar