Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Building and installing passive solar heating panels

Andy wrote:
|| I've also attempted to catagorize passive air-heating solar panels
|| by configuration atwww.iedu.com/DeSoto/SC_Types.html- which might
|| be a good starting point for anyone interested in designing their
|| own panels.
|
| Thanks very much for sharing your experiences and info! I think
| it's a fantastic idea, and it's only a matter of time before
| non-petroleum based energy becomes a necessity. One question - if
| a potential customer doesn't happen to be located near Wisconsin,
| do you ship the panels, or sell detailed instructions, or have some
| other method of distributing your product more widely?

Andy - check my sig. I'm in Iowa - and yes, I can put the panels on a
truck for shipment (BTW, I can fit 180 of the 4'x6' panels in a 40'
cargo container.)

I've also given serious thought to finding partners around the world
who can produce for local markets. The most recent prospect is located
in the Ukraine.

| I was also wondering... if you turn one of those panels upside down
| in the summer, will it blow cool air? g

Smartass. You didn't check my web site, did you? Follow the link below
to see a teaser for a (maybe) solar-powered air conditioner. vbg

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar