Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default microbore connection

In article ,
Lobster wrote:
Unless you've missed out the olive, it's not 8mm.

(but you don't need an olive if you have a reducer??)

If it clamps onto pipe how would it work without?

Cos it's a kind of 'self-olive'... assuming this is the kind of thing:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=100122&ts=46954&id=23297
When you tighten them up you hear a slight crack as they snap into two
inside the fitting (at the point where there's a deep groove, near the
close end of the pic), and the two bits (I think) then mate together as
you continue tightening the nut. Certainly the small bit gets
compressed down like an olive.

Ah - not used or seen that type. The ones I've used have just been like a
conventional compression fitting. Although I'd more usually prefer solder
fittings.

I fitted several of these last week, but haven't dismantled any to
investigate exactly how they work - and that's a good thing as it means
they all sealed fine!

--
*If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.