Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dip tube question (replumbed, but how to drain the tank?)

How do you drain sediment? Did you put a second valve down there?
No, come to think of it, that wouldn't help. Unless you turned
off the shutoff to the house. Gravity drain it.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Nick Hull" wrote in message
: In article ,
: "Charlie Bress" wrote:
:
: I suspect the dip tube in my water heater has failed. Is it
practical to
: replace the tube? After years in various houses this is the
first time this
: has happened.
: The tank in question is eight years old. Repair or replace? I
don't know the
: make off hand. The tank is in an inconvenient place.
:
: You don't HAVE to have a dip tube at all. I removed mine when
: installed the then new heater because I plumbed the cold water
inlet
: into the drain connection. All that the dip tube does is
introduce cold
: watewr at the bottom of the tank.
:
: --
: Committees of Correspondence Web page:
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
:
: --
: Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com