Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Blowing up a building that did not fall

On Apr 1, 4:02�pm, mm wrote:
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:47:08 -0500, wrote:

I saw on the tv news about a year ago where they exploded a building
and it knocked out the bottom level. *The top of the building landed
flat on the ground and remained standing, just one floor less. *That
was pretty funny to watch. *They had to use a wrecking ball to finish
the job too. *I dont recall where this was.

I saw that too. *It would be a good technique if you had a building
that was 10 feet too tall.

technically they DONT blow them up its called controlled demolition,
they mostly cut the main supports then take out what remains with
explosives cutting the beams