Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] businessman@nomail.com is offline

Default OT Blowing up a building that did not fall

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 14:57:04 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Terry" wrote in message
.. .
I was watching some outrageous video clips. One of them was a demo
crew blowing up a building. It looked like the first 2 or 3 floors
collapsed, but the rest of the building did not collapse.

Anyone see the show? I guess they had to use a wrecking ball to take
it down.

It looked like you could have pushed it a little and it would have
gone over.

IIRC, the famous team of the Loizeaux family (sp?) dropped the Hacienda
hotel here in Las Vegas. A large end wall stood there after the explosion.
The next day, a nudge from a loader and wrecking ball brought it down.

But, yes, I did see one building, a rather large one that only dropped a
couple of floors. That would be asshole pucker factor one getting next to
it with equipment and chewing away at it. Or crawling in there and placing
more explosives.

I think they just get those big hydraulic machines with the crab claw arms
to reach in there and break it apart very slowly and expensively.

Someone paid big bucks for that screwup.

Steve

I saw on the tv news about a year ago where they exploded a building
and it knocked out the bottom level. The top of the building landed
flat on the ground and remained standing, just one floor less. That
was pretty funny to watch. They had to use a wrecking ball to finish
the job too. I dont recall where this was.