Eric Chang

Default hacksaw cutting slowly

"Robin S." wrote in message ...
As for the hacksaw, it's almost certainly the blade being the wrong tpi (and
if it's dulling, buy a better blade - Starrett makes nice bimetal blades).
At work we do a lot of bench work. I use a 14tpi blade for cutting anything
including or larger than 1/8". I'd say 60sec for 1in square is perhaps
pushing it, but 120sec is ample time. Yes, it's a lot of work, but that's
why we have electricity.

Regards,

Robin

Hi Robin. This sounds like a great suggestion. It is a bit hard to find 14
tpi blades around here, but I will try ordering some online. I am not afraid
of some work; I need the exercise anyhow.

Thanks,
Eric