Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Riving Knife

On 2007-04-01 15:43:15 +0100, said:

On 1 Apr, 13:28, "The Medway Handyman"

but I found in practice I'd habitually use the larger one. Those
little cordless ones look like they'd be cool for details, but I
understand they suck the batteries very quickly.

Indeed they do - or some do. I have an SIP 18v jobby with 2 x 1.9a/h
batteries & it is rather disapointing.

I just assumed all ate batteries, circular sawing is a relatively
power hungry app after all. Or do people have ones that dont?

NT

Yes I do. It's a little Makita one that I've had for years. It
has a very thin blade of about 80mm diameter which is quite highly
geared to the motor - doesn't spin very fast. However, for small
trimming jobs, it's pretty good.

Other than that, one needs to go to some of the Bosch and similar 24v
products to get anything useful.