Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian G Brian G is offline

Default Finding a local company to dispose of rubbish - paperwork?

George wrote:
"dmc" wrote in message

We have a large shed/workshop at the bottom of the garden that is
full
of old kitchen units and assorted other rubbish left from the
previous owner. Given a) we've been here for 8 years and b) the roof
has given up completely now time has come to get rid of it all.

Several companies seems to advertise in the local free papers that
they will come and pull it down (not much work there!) and take it
all away but I'm obviously keen to check it doesn't just end up in a
field up
the road.

Several of them claim in their ads to be registered (with who?).
Don't say the council as I've rung them 4 times and sent 3 emails -
all with absolutely no answer to this question! It's been 6 weeks
now and I'm giving up chasing them :-(

Also, I seem to recall there being some sort of paperwork we should
get from them to formally transfer the ownership of the rubbish -
what is this called?

Finally, no, I can't do it myself as it is a big workshop that would
take loads of trips in the car and no, I can't fix it as it was far
too knackered for that to be worthwhile when we moved in let alone
now!

Cheers,

Darren

Visit,Phone,meet,write,email your local councillor and inform him/her
you are not getting any satisfaction from the council office.
Do this first and then email or call into office and inform them you
have contacted your local counsillor for that area about the
ignorence to help you on this matter.

This will shift the gits.

Not necessarily so, as they have no legal responsibility to keep a register
of firms that carry out this work nor even to shift the rubbish!