Posted to alt.home.repair
Berkshire Bill Berkshire Bill is offline

Default Washing machine ...

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in message
The repair man did a pretty useless, imo, check of my washer while
repairing my dryer. When he took the top off there was evident a lot of
debris in the outer casing. I asked him to open it so I could clean it
which he was unwilling to do, even though the $35 check took him about 5
minutes. I wonder if I should pay someone to come back and clean or take
it apart so I can clean it. The repair guy said a good bleach cleaning
would do the trick. He didn't listen when I told him I had just done that
and left it overnight.

Do I have a right to expect Sears to send someone back to open the washer
and charging me a reasonable fee to open and close the case, without
charging me another $55 trip charge?

This reads like the service call was on the dryer and the serviceman did a
casual look at the washer. If so, his repair order probably covers the
dryer only. If he combined the inspection in writing you are in luck,
otherwise his manager is going to point out one call, one machine.

Bill