Posted to alt.home.repair
AKA Gray Asphalt AKA Gray Asphalt is offline

Default Washing machine ...

The repair man did a pretty useless, imo, check of my washer while repairing
my dryer. When he took the top off there was evident a lot of debris in the
outer casing. I asked him to open it so I could clean it which he was
unwilling to do, even though the $35 check took him about 5 minutes. I
wonder if I should pay someone to come back and clean or take it apart so I
can clean it. The repair guy said a good bleach cleaning would do the trick.
He didn't listen when I told him I had just done that and left it overnight.

Do I have a right to expect Sears to send someone back to open the washer
and charging me a reasonable fee to open and close the case, without
charging me another $55 trip charge?