Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Brent Brent is offline

Default Shop Storage - How Do You Do It?

On Mar 31, 12:11 pm, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:
I am interested in seeing how others do and what they use for storage
within their shops.

Anything from fasteners to material stock to tooling to ???....how do
you store it and what is it stored in or on?

Anything from the lowly coffee can to a Lista cabinet...let's hear
about it.

Descriptions and pictures would be great.

Thanks

TMT

Well i guess i'm one to post for the miscellaneous storage.

My main tools are in two toolbox sets. there is a machinist chest near
my lathe with my measuring tools, My electronics tools (engineering
screwdrivers and so on) and a full socket set and so on

My main tools otherwise are in a second Machinist chest and rolling
cabinet combo which also contains wrenches sockets air tools power
tools taps and so on. That is my primary tool storage.

As for materials and TOOLING i am a FIRM beleiver in the MILK CRATE. I
use them in two different functions

Storage Crates and shelving crates storage crates are filles with
whatever (electronics, wires, music stuff, xmas ornaments, sporting
goods, misc junk) LABELLED AND STACKED and you can get useful space up
really high with them

Shelving crates (ideally all form the same dairy) i take normal milk
crates put them on their side and take out small tie straps (Zipties)
and make square shelving out of it the aforementioned Lathe machinist
chest is resting on a grid of 12 crates 3 high 4 wide that contain
most of my lathe tooling and similar stuff.