Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default minor gloat and what to do with it?

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 06:59:44 -0500, Frank Boettcher
wrote:

On 30 Mar 2007 22:31:46 -0700, "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

I built this "prototype" from Poplar and used General Finishes water
based Rosewood stain and hand rubbed shellac. It came out so beautiful
I keep it in my home.

http://www.sonomaproducts.com/Furniture/JL-BC-POP.htm

Very nice. finish looks almost exactly like a solid mahogany
barristers book case my Grandfather made many years ago.

It is a very nice piece, but mahogany is a wood that poplar dosen't
imitate all that well. You can color it the same, but the pore
structure looks totally different.